Ballantyne Recruitment is an executive recruitment consultancy with a number of established relationships with highly reputable organisations within the Mining sector. Ballantyne Recruitment's Mining sector currently has an opening for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer which will be a FIFO out of Perth on an 8/6 day shift roster.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent you are responsible for optimising open pit, waste dump and mine infrastructure development of the Mine, including geotechnical mapping and assessments of daily, weekly & monthly reporting.
The site has a well established monitoring system and is well supported with external geotechnical support. Your expertise will be highly valued and is critical to the achievement of the mine's objectives.
Your responsibilities will include,
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Ensure coordination & management of all on-site geotechnical activities are carried out in a timely manner.
- Provide support for all geological and geotechnical aspects of the ongoing planning
- Ensure monitoring regimes in respect of dumping, surface run off, groundwater flows and slope/ground monitoring.
- Conduct data collection including geotechnical inspections of pits, dumps, stock piles and mapping from all available sources.
- Ensure careful, accurate data entry from various sources into relevant databases.
- Undertake geotechnical mapping monitoring and assessments.
- Manage and develop expertise within your area to ensure operation is adequately resourced and establish operating plans, procedures and systems to ensure delivery of the life of mine plan.
- Assist with evaluating projects within the mine operation by providing well researched recommendations of options, viability, risk and potential.
- Geotechnical mapping and interpretation. Development and ongoing improvement of a sound geological model for the mine deposits.
- Manage site radar, and interpret/report information obtained.
You will be experienced in open pit or underground mining operations preferably with mining experience within the Australian market. You will also require having good written and oral skills and a history of achieving results.
- A good deal of experience in the mining industry
- Proficiency in using geological software (Surpac knowledge is advantageous)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Geotechnical Engineering or Geology
- The ability to engage and manage consultants
- A commitment to providing a safe working environment
- Experience with slope stability radars will be held in high regard.
To be apart of this exciting opportunity act today! For further information on this excellent opportunity send your application quoting Ref. No.DD7492